Proxying to ip-camera

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Apr 7 20:45:15 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 06:44:08PM +0300, wishmaster wrote:

Hi there,

> > I have the web site and would like to proxying all requests to /ipcam location to internal ip-camera.
> >
> > website http://site.com
> > ip-cam http://site.com/ipcam

> > With port redirection by firewall all works fine.

> As I can see the problem is in not proxying static content like JS and CSS. Dynamic works fine.
>
> location /ipcam {
>     proxy_pass http://192.168.20.99:80/;
>
>     location ~ \.css {
>          proxy_pass http://192.168.20.99:80/
>     }
> }
>
> This is not working.

Your first config would probably work if that was the only config in the
server{} block. Since it appears that you have some other configuration
there, possibly

  location ^~ /ipcam/ {
    proxy_pass http://192.168.20.99:80/;
  }

will do what you want. Note: location and proxy_pass both end in a /,
and ^~ is used in the location directive.

http://nginx.org/r/location
http://nginx.org/r/proxy_pass

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org