Redirection 301 create "Redirection loop" while using wordpress site.

Steve Wilson lists-nginx at swsystem.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 15:07:11 UTC 2016

It sounds to me like wordpress believes that www is required and nginx
doesn't want it.

I'd try commenting out the redirect server{} block and add the
server_name to the xxx.com one and see what you end up with in your
browser, then have a look through the wordpress settings to see what
it's wanting in the address bar.

For my wordpress there seems to be 2 options under Settings/General,
"Wordpress Address (URL)" and "Site Address (URL)".

On 12/04/2016 15:32, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am very new to nginx and trying to learn it from very basic. i have a website and i am willing to remove the "www" before my actual domain name. the solution so far i have find out on google is very simple.
>
> so when ever any of the visitor visits my website by using www.xxx.com [1] he should be redirected to xxx.com [2]. fortunately everything is working as expected i can load php files and html file correctly, however when i try to load my  actual website my browser shows error "redirection loop created"
> here is the config code of my website.
>
> server {
> server_name www.xxx.com [1];
> return 301 $scheme://xxx.com [2]$request_uri;
> }
>
> server {
> server_name xxx.com [2];
> root /var/www/html/xxx/public_html;
> index index.php info.php;
> access_log /var/log/nginx/xxx.com/access.log [3];
> error_log /var/log/nginx/xxx.com/error.log [4];
>
> location / {
> try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?q=$request_uri;
> }
>
> rewrite /wp-admin$ $scheme://$host$uri/ permanent;
>
> location ~ \.php$ {
> include fastcgi_params;
> fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
> #fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
> fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:9000 [5];
> fastcgi_index index.php;
> fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;
> }
>
> location ~* \.(ogg|ogv|svg|svgz|eot|otf|woff|mp4|ttf|css|rss|atom|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|zip|tgz|gz|rar|bz2|doc|xls|exe|ppt|tar|mid|midi|wav|bmp|rtf|woff|woff2)$ {
> add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin xxx.com [2];
>
> }
>
> }
>
> I can access  php files properly like info.php. to check whether php is working or not. however the problem part is wordpress.
>
> when i try to load my wordpress site chrome shows an error saying reduction loop occur.
>
> Any friendly advice will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Yousuf

Links:
------