unknown directive "proxy_ssl"

Валентин Бартенев vbart at nginx.com
Thu Apr 14 18:35:25 UTC 2016

On Thursday 14 April 2016 00:46:05 Jorge Romero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to configure Nginx 1.9.7 as a proxy server. This proxy server won’t serve as SSL termination for HTTPS requests, for which the proxy_ssl directive sounds perfect.
>
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_proxy_module.html?&_ga=1.265652687.1742266542.1457571695#proxy_ssl
>
> However, I’m getting the following error:
>
> nginx: [emerg] unknown directive "proxy_ssl" in /home/devel/nginx.conf:14
>
> I’m under the impression that this module is included in the core, but I might be wrong. How should go about compiling with the corresponding module included?

[..]

"The ngx_stream_ssl_module module (1.9.0) provides the necessary support for a stream proxy server to work with the SSL/TLS protocol. This module is not built by default, it should be enabled with the --with-stream_ssl_module configuration parameter."

http://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_ssl_module.html

  wbr, Valentin v. Bartenev