Auth_digest not working

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Fri Aug 5 15:10:46 UTC 2016

Am 03.08.2016 um 14:31 schrieb Maxim Dounin:
> To protect passwords in transit consider using SSL/TLS instead.

hehe, thanks I expected that answer and I'm using it already. But
auth_basic is transferring password which is not nice, no matter if the
line is encrypted or not.
It would be nice if nginx could support an authentication that does not
transfers passwords that are encrypted using a symmetric encryption.

>> > Are there plans the get the auth-digest into nginx core?
> No.

thanks for this clear answer.

Gruß
Matthias