Third party module appears to be not loaded

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Aug 9 14:13:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 09:27:06AM -0400, khav wrote:

Hi there,

> I compile  nginx with nginx upload progress module but i still can't use any
> of the configuration variables.Nginx throws errors like
>
> [emerg] unknown directive "track_uploads"

That message usually means either that the nginx that is being used does
not include the module that is expected; or that one of the included
modules is not compatible with the version of nginx that is being used.

> --add-module=../nginx-upload-module
> --add-module=../nginx-upload-progress-module

My guess is the latter.

What version of nginx are your versions of those two modules documented
to work with?

(If they are not documented, then possibly you are the first person to
try this particular combination.)

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org