NGINX http-secure-link iphone issue !!

shahzaib mushtaq shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:01:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Why does the client have anything to do with md5 and generating things?

The usual model is that something on the server creates the "secure"
url, and gives it to the client. The client then requests that url;
the server checks that it is valid, and the server issues the content.

Does your system use a different model?

Well, sorry i couldn't explain it in best manners. Well our website has
three platforms (Iphone application, Android  Application, Web application)
. For website what we're doing is that :

User clicks on video -> move to watch video page -> a function creates
md5+expiry on this page -> Secure URL appends into the player -> Video
starts to play.

 Seems like you're right our approach is wrong for iphone application ,
we're trying to generate hash in mobile application too which was not
right. Now we're taking approach where URL will construct on server &
distribute to all platforms.

Is that how it should be ?

Thanks.
Shahzaib