Logging application errors in the wrong place

robbanp nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Aug 16 08:22:51 UTC 2016

Hi, I use Nginx with Passenger and the problem I have is that I get "some"
application log entries in /var/log/nginx/error.log.
The problem is that the log is turned off and also pointing to another
location (/mnt/nginx/logs/):

My configs:

nginx.conf

http

 error_log         /mnt/nginx/logs/error.log notice;
 access_log        /mnt/nginx/logs/access.log main;

application.conf

server

passenger_enabled on;
passenger_set_header HTTP_X_QUEUE_START "t=${msec}000";
passenger_set_header X-Unique-Request-Id "t=${msec}000";
passenger_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
passenger_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
client_max_body_size 10M;
access_log off;
error_log off;

Any ideas?