IMAP /SMTP SSL Reverse PROXY without Authentification

Fri Aug 26 05:49:01 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

maybe what I ma going to aks is a dumb question,
if so please direct me at the ressources needed;

I got the project to setup a IMAP Proxy for our institution,
if so please direct me at the ressources needed;

I got the project to setup a IMAP Proxy for our institution,
as to not expose the Exchange server to the bad bad internet.

I suggested using a TCP Proxy, but they want to have different certs
(one for the proxy facing the internet and one for the exchange on the
intranet ) so this is not exactly possible with a dumb tcp proxy.

I would have to terminate the first SSL on the Proxy but still forward
anyone to the Server, so the Authentification take place there;

and i don't get how i would do that nor do i find ressources ( eg
Blogposts ) of people doing a similiar thing;

and i would need to do the same thing for the SSL SMTP too, but this is
for one part secondary and for the other probably similiar.

Sorry for the bad english,

Greets