How to disable request pipelining on nginx upstream

hkahlouche nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Aug 29 16:23:34 UTC 2016

> Yes, nginx will process requests one-by-one and won't pipeline
> requests to upstream.

So, you confirm that the current implementation of nginx doesn't pipeline
towards upstream, and there is no way to enable that functionality?

> No, it's not something currently implemented. It's not considered
> needed as upstream servers can be easily configured to do this
> instead.

Which configuration parameter of upstream server can be used for that?
According to the documentation, we have max_fails. Is that what you were
referring to? max_conns is for connections (not for the requests) and it is
present only on nginx plus.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,269248,269273#msg-269273