I'm not sure how "hash $cachekey" works...

highclass99 highclass99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:48:49 UTC 2016

Thank you for your reply.

You replied:
> With Config1 and Config2 you have 160 hash points per each server
(duplicates are removed)

Does that mean
I could just shorten the whole config to
 upstream ImageCluster  {
   server 10.1.1.1;
   server 10.1.1.2;
   server 10.1.1.3;
   hash $cachekey consistent;
 }
and it would be exactly the same and keep the hashes exactly the same as
before?

If I wanted to "weight" the servers to all initially weight=4 and then
slowly optimize the weightings.
Would it be a good idea to slowly add the weightings as
weight=2 -restart and wait-> weight=3 -restart and wait-> weight=4
(the servers have really high load, and sudden changes in hash can cause
problems)
or would it be okay to just change at once like
 upstream ImageCluster  {
   server 10.1.1.1 weight=4;
   server 10.1.1.2 weight=4;
   server 10.1.1.3 weight=4;