directio sendfile aio

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Fri Jan 22 10:05:59 UTC 2016

On Friday 22 January 2016 14:38:13 Anoop Alias wrote:
> From an nginx book i read setting

What's the name of the book?

> ###########
> http {
>
> sendfile on;
> sendfile_max_chunk 512k;
> aio threads=default;
> directio 4m;
> ############
>
> is good as it use (if i understand it correctly)

In some specific use case scenarios these settings can be good.

> sendfile for files less than 4m and directio for files larger than 4m
>
> But the above config is causing issues like static css files images etc not
> being served. I am not sure what exactly is the issue But commenting out
>
> directio from the above fix it or commenting out sendfile fix it .
>
> But adding them both creates a mess.
>
> The question is is the above combination valid and if yes what might be
> causing  the issue .

Could you provide the full configuration and a debug log
(see http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html)?

I'm unable to reproduce any issues on a simple configuration
example with the settings above.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev