limit_req off?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Jan 23 11:23:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 02:14:16PM -0500, Fry-kun wrote:

Hi there,

> Sure, except there are a few dozen identical config lines in these
> locations... If "limit_req off" was an option, that would be the only
> difference.

The usual reason why an option is not there, is that no-one has written
it yet.

(Sometimes, the idea of the option has been explicitly rejected. I do
not know the history of this one.)

However, one possible immediate workaround, untested by me, might be to
define another limit_req_zone with a key variable that you do not set
anywhere. (Call it "zone=off", for example.)

Then in your nested location, use

  limit_req zone=off;

and that should stop the outer value from being inherited.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org