Is ngx_http_perl_module stable enough to use in high traffic production environment?

highclass99 highclass99 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:42:46 UTC 2016

I use perl a lot,
and I noticed
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_perl_module.html
for several years has been documented as
"The module is experimental, caveat emptor applies."
So I have been somewhat avoiding testing its use.

Does anyone know if this is suitable to use in high traffic production
environments?
Would it often leak memory even if the perl code was deleting/undefining
all variable and no circular references?

Also, how does this work with yum rpm. If I update the perl on the system
using yum update, will the nginx perl also update or will I have to
recompile nginx?

Thank you.