load balancer on nginx : how to monitoring backend ?

Alexandre infos at opendoc.net
Fri Jan 29 06:27:33 UTC 2016

Hello

On 28/01/16 22:26, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Am 28-01-2016 08:36, schrieb Alexandre:
>> Hello,

>>> Yes, that's right.
>>
>> OK, I can not use a load balancer in production without backend
>> monitoring. I will use LVS.
>
> just for my curiosity why can't buying n+, for production!?

First I do not know the price of nginx plus. Moreover I do not think
it's a good idea to use a reverse proxy TLS and load balancing on the
same machine when there is high web traffic. I preferred to separate
processes. Nginx for reverse proxy TLS and LVS + Varnish for load
balancing and cache.

> BR Aleks

Regards,
Alexandre.