Issue with HTTP/2 and async file upload from Safari on iOS

Jason Woods devel at jasonwoods.me.uk
Fri Jul 15 12:08:16 UTC 2016

> On 11 Jul 2016, at 09:25, ZaneCEO <nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org> wrote:
>
> @itpp2012 : building from source is a no-go for me due to future upgrade
> concerns
>
> @Lukas : will follow your suggestion and try the ngingx-provided bins,
> thanks!

I’m beginning to hear many reports now of Safari and iOS users hitting connection issues on several websites, not just around upload but any arbitrary POST it seems.
Building from source is a no go too, and we’ve always stayed on the feature stable branch as it’s easier to maintain since we don’t need to worry about additional features causing issues.

I was anticipating such a compatibility problem to be fixed in feature stable but so far it’s looking like we will have to bite the bullet and move to mainline.
Would I be correct here? It seems for our case at least, feature stable HTTP2 is not stable for production use at this time.

Jason