Nginx can not use more than 1024 log?

Alexandre infos at opendoc.net
Wed Jun 29 11:44:36 UTC 2016

Hi Wesley,

I can not get information because the nginx service does not start.

You're right, actually have to use the file
/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service. However, the file does not exist. I
find this file on debian 8 : /run/systemd/generator.late/nginx.service

---
[Unit]
SourcePath=/etc/init.d/nginx
Description=LSB: Stop/start nginx
Before=runlevel2.target runlevel3.target runlevel4.target
runlevel5.target shutdown.target
After=network-online.target remote-fs.target local-fs.target
Wants=network-online.target
Conflicts=shutdown.target

[Service]
Type=forking
Restart=no
TimeoutSec=5min
IgnoreSIGPIPE=no
KillMode=process
GuessMainPID=no
RemainAfterExit=yes
SysVStartPriority=1
ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nginx start
ExecStop=/etc/init.d/nginx stop
ExecReload=/etc/init.d/nginx reload
---

I followed your instructions :

   * I create the nginx.service in /lib/systemd/system/nginx.service
   * I add "LimitNOFILE=65536"
---
[Unit]
SourcePath=/etc/init.d/nginx
Description=LSB: Stop/start nginx
Before=runlevel2.target runlevel3.target runlevel4.target
runlevel5.target shutdown.target
After=network-online.target remote-fs.target local-fs.target
Wants=network-online.target
Conflicts=shutdown.target

[Service]
Type=forking
Restart=no
TimeoutSec=5min
IgnoreSIGPIPE=no
KillMode=process
GuessMainPID=no
RemainAfterExit=yes
SysVStartPriority=1
ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nginx start
ExecStop=/etc/init.d/nginx stop
ExecReload=/etc/init.d/nginx reload
LimitNOFILE=65536
---
    * systemctl daemon-reload && systemctl restart nginx

Now it works perfectly !

Thank you very much Wesley.

I have a question, I use the official repository nginx.
---
deb http://nginx.org/packages/debian/ jessie nginx
deb-src http://nginx.org/packages/debian/ jessie nginx
---

Would it be possible to create the nginx.service file during
installation of nginx?

Thank you the nginx community.

Regards,
Alexandre.