1.9.13 and non_idempotent

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Mar 30 02:48:15 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 06:34:59PM -0700, Frank Liu wrote:

> If I explicitly configured to retry next upstream based on a
> certain http_xxx, will that stop working if a request is a POST with
> 1.9.13?

Yes.  There is no real difference between a network error and an
HTTP error returned from idempotence point of view.  E.g., 502
error just means that a network error happened somewhere else.

> For other http code, I like the idea of not retry if it is non
> idempotent but for one http_xxx, I want retry no matter what type of
> request.

Just curious - which one?

Note well that if you want finer control of how various HTTP errors are
handled, you can use proxy_intercept_errors with appropriate
error_pages configured.  See http://nginx.org/r/proxy_intercept_errors.

http://nginx.org/