Serving website with Apache, with Nginx as interface?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue May 17 17:48:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 08:50:44AM -0400, Alex Hall wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> > Well, it seems to be working now, and I'm thoroughly embarrassed about
> it.
> > The Nginx/Apache setup is fine, and has been, it seems.
>
> Thanks for reporting that result -- it'll help the future reader of the
> mailing list (http://m.xkcd.com/979/).
>
> > I re-granted
> > privileges to my OST user, and suddenly the installation completed.
>
> You have a working system, so it is sensible to leave well-enough alone.
>
> But if you feel like further investigations -- does it now work for you
> with nginx/fastcgi, using an nginx config like the one previously posted?

I haven't tried it. As you said, it's working now. If it were a matter of
two supported servers--Nginx and Apache--I'd try it. But whenever I read
about it, someone has some obscure problem that doesn't crop up until
later, and I don't want to risk my work's switching to a system that starts
behaving unexpectedly seemingly out of nowhere. That said, I feel like
setting up a FastCGI setup would be easier now that I've gone through UWSGI
for one subdomain and Apache for another, both behind Nginx.

> Cheers,

> --
> Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org

Alex Hall