HTTP not working / downloads 57 byte small file

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon May 30 14:07:30 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 03:24:00PM -0400, rzmpl wrote:

> Hello, like mentioned in the title HTTP isn't working at all anymore. HTTPS
> works fine. I already tried default vhost config but no luck there. I have
> no idea what is going on and I didn't even find anything with google either.

Most likely you've did something like

    listen 80 http2;

in your configuration, which results in HTTP/2 being used on port
80, assuming prior knowledge.  Don't do this.

See https://trac.nginx.org/nginx/ticket/983 for an example of
another person who did the same mistake.

May be we need some better indication on what goes wrong here.
I.e., something similar to 497 code we use internally for https
("a regular request has been sent to the HTTPS port").

http://nginx.org/