Nginx Kodi User Agent secure_link blocking / banning

c0nw0nk nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Nov 2 10:17:06 UTC 2016

I wouldn't mind those using app's like Kodi if they did not just hotlink and
steal my links. If my adverts was still there and I am being reimbursed for
my work and content and bandwidth they are consuming. Then I wouldn't mind
but I bet Kodi is not the only app with plugins doing this.

The only solution I can think of is to lock the site to paid accounts only.
So only registered users who pay can view the HTML page that generates my
secure links so they may access my static MP4 files. :(

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,270705,270714#msg-270714