Alias or root directive

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Nov 3 18:29:43 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 07:26:01PM +0100, Daniel wrote:

Hi there,

> As i understand the Documentation correct then my entry is correct:
>
>         location /en/holidays/shared/images/ {
>                 alias /mnt/nfs/uat/;
>         }

Yes, that should work. So long as this location{} is the one that is
used for the request that you make.

If you have something like "location ~ jpg" as well, then *that* would
be used instead of this one.

http://nginx.org/r/location

> Anyways, when i try to use root instead of alias it has same result.
> Its getting ignored completely in the config.

I'd suggest to check the logs then, to see what is happening instead.

And ensure that you are getting nginx to use the new config, each time
you change it. The logs should show that that has happened too.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org