AW: AW: AW: RE: slow https performance compared to http

adrhc nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Nov 14 14:20:50 UTC 2016

Lukas Tribus Wrote:
> > 4 threads and 4 CPU (both for apache and nginx) with 100% CPU load
> on test
> > So, what's the answer now about the http/https (4600/550) ratio for
> the
> > specific case I presented?
>
> It should perform the same as Apache in this case.

Well, as I said earlier, with Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) the ratio is 40% lower
comparing with same ratio for nginx.
For https with nginx I get 550 req/sec while with Apache I get 350 req/sec.

So I guess from your answer it's natural to have this ratio (http/https).

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,270898,270927#msg-270927