round robin rule

Frank Liu gfrankliu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 23:28:22 UTC 2016

If I configure one "upstream" with 2 servers and use the default round
robin, will the traffic be balanced based on the upstream or the virtual
servers. e.g.: if I configure 2 virtual host "server" blocks, both
proxy_pass the same upstream, will the requests to each virtual host be
balanced individually? Assuming a test case where odd requests go to VH1
and even requests go to VH2, will VH1's traffic all be balanced upstream
server1 and VH2's traffic all be balanced to upstream server2? Or will both
VH1 and VH2 have 50%/50% on server1/server2?