Keeping your Nginx limit_* Anti-DDoS behind CloudFlare's servers

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Wed Sep 14 11:32:55 UTC 2016

> Il test further with it but it definitely did not work with the following
> using nginx_basic.exe (it was blocking the cloudflare server IP's from
> connecting)

I'm not familiar with windows version of nginx .. but it's clear you have
all the required modules.
If nginx is blocking something at least we know that the current
configuration somewhat works.

To debug it is better to start with a minimal version.

First of all - which error is returned to the cloudflare server?
Is it 503 which would come from the limit_* modules or is it 403 which would
come from an invalid referer?

rr