slice module got error when contents of upstream was updated

t.nishiyori nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Apr 3 05:09:14 UTC 2017

Helle,

I'm using nginx with slice module as a proxy.

One day, I got an error log such like a "etag mismatch in slice response
while reading response header from upstream".

The cause of this error was occurred when that some parts of response was
cached before updating the upstream contents but others was not cached.
So it's not be solved until the cache period is expired.

Do you have any solutions for this error?
I hope the slice module change the status of related caches to disable, when
the slice module got this error.

Thank you.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273307,273307#msg-273307