Configuring a subnet in an upstream server

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Fri Apr 7 23:42:05 UTC 2017

Am 03-04-2017 18:09, schrieb Dynastic Space:

> I used a poor example.
> The functionality I was interested in was adding a range of application
> servers, all part of the same domain.

I think you have the following options.

.) or list every app server in the upstream block
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#upstream
.) DNS rr with resolver
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#resolver
.) in the commercial version is also a service=name and resolve possible
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#server

You can also use a script which creates from 192.168.0.0/16 a server
line for the upstream and include it into the nginx.conf

You can add in the log format the upstream address to see to which app
server the request was forwarded.
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#variables

Regards
Aleks