[ Module development - Socket ]

comput3rz nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Apr 13 09:40:46 UTC 2017

After reading the source code available  in "ngx_mail_auth_http_module.c"

 trying to figure out how to make a "basic TCP connection" to

a backend server, nothing seems clear. I didn't find any simple pattern

to read/write on a TCP socket, even if there are simple call like

ngx_event_connect_peer() or ngx_close_connection() for connection phase

 and ngx_send|recv / ngx_unix_send|recv / send|recv for reading and writing
on a socket.

How can I setup a basic TCP socket into my handler which will connect / send
/ recv and then

close the connection ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273525,273598#msg-273598