Unable to resolve the "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" issue

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Apr 14 00:47:55 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 08:20:15PM +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:

Hi there,

> There has been some progress, but still get a "CORS preflight did not
> succeed error".

What do the nginx logs say happened?

What should the nginx logs say, if everything worked the way you want
it to?

> Following is received in the firebug-console (sensitive information changed) ::

> Host                     1.2.3.4
> Origin                    null

Does anything different happen if you serve this html file from your
1.2.3.4 server, instead of (I presume) by reading a local file?

Will your final use case involve a local file, a resource from the 1.2.3.4
server, or something else?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org