auth_basic and satisfy allowing all traffic

daveyfx nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Apr 14 19:26:41 UTC 2017

Hi Francis -

That would have been my suspicion as well.  To test that theory, I installed
the same nginx 1.10.1 RPM file on a similar CentOS 6 virtual machine in my
environment.  This particular VM has never been used for any nginx testing,
nor has it ever had nginx installed.

I tested the same server configuration as your example, but the testing VM
produced the same results.  The satisfy/allow/deny directives allow
bypassing of the basic_auth.  Once those entries have been commented out,
auth works as expected.

Would there be additional steps involved in determining if this is, in fact,
a bug?

Thank you for your help.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273629,273656#msg-273656