critique my config file

tommygunner nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Apr 26 17:29:17 UTC 2017

I am using Nginx 1.13 and have removed all the "if"s from the config file
and would now like someone to analyse it, look at the rewrites, etc if
possible. It works fine but seems a bit unorganized and I'm wondering if
there are some duplicate things. I have created a bunch of 444 locations to
drop the malicious scripts and visitors from reading such locations which
don't exist. I also make the admin area unassessable then uncomment whenever
I want to access such areas for security.

The only issue I'm aware of is the I am using the resolver 8.8.8.8; which is
said to leave open to man in the middle DNS attack or spoofing but haven't
been excited about running BIND with all the extra overhead so haven't done
so.

Here is the config file:
https://pastebin.com/szFGQ2SD

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273889,273889#msg-273889