How can I set a maximum limit for gzip module?

Zhang Chao zchao1995 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 09:53:58 UTC 2017

Hi t.nishiyori,

Don’t worry, just like Ermilov said, when you enable the gzip module and
nginx gets a part of response body, gzip module will try to compress the
data, and if the buffers reach the limit, gzip module just send these
compressed data firstly(ngx_http_gzip_body_filter), when processing by
chunk module, they evolved a “chunk”. After some buffers is free, gzip will
continue the work.

On 28 April 2017 at 16:56:06, t.nishiyori (nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org)
wrote:

Hi tokers,

> nginx compresses the body by “chunk”
Thanks for explanation about gzip-module.
So, there were no errors when upstream response size exceeds the
gzip_buffers_size.
But I think a lot of large responses exceed the prepared buffers, some day.
Is there any possibility of such a problem?

Thank you.

tokers Wrote:
> There is no any directive like “gzip_max_length” so far.
> By the way, nginx compresses the body by “chunk”, so one “chunk” is an
> independtent compressed data.
>

> On 27 April 2017 at 13:27:42, t.nishiyori
> (nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org)
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm using nginx-1.11.2 for proxy server with gzip-module.
>
> I hope to use such like a "gzip_max_length" directive in
> ngx_http_gzip_module.
> Because some upstream response's sizes exceeded the settings of
> gzip_buffers.
> (But there were no error... These are strange things for me...)
>
> I can change the gzip_buffers to enough size for upstream, but there
> is no
> limit.
>
> Can I set a limit of maximum content-size for gzip module?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum:
> https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273899,273899#msg-273899

Posted at Nginx Forum: