AW: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Nginx !!

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:11:31 UTC 2017

Hello!

> This issue often happens when a cipher is missing in your cipher list and
> Chrome tries to use another cipher forbidden in the HTTP/2 spec.

Wrong. In that case, Chrome would return:
ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

which is different than ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

Also note that all those error codes are valid for HTTP2 as well, its just
that their name hasn't been updated in Chrome yet.

I'd suggest to upgrade to a supported nginx release without any
third-party modules first of all, also try without mp4 streaming
code paths.

Try to reproduce it in an isolated environment, then you can
debug on the client site and on the nginx side.

Lukas