limit_conn not working

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Dec 19 15:37:56 UTC 2017

Hello!

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 03:29:22PM +0100, Abilio Marques wrote:

> I imagined to be something like that, but this is not obvious from the
> documentation. Is there a way to clarify it for future readers?

The documentation already says
(http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_limit_conn_module.html):

: Not all connections are counted. A connection is counted only if
: it has a request processed by the server and the whole request
: header has already been read.

in an attempt to clarify things.  This is more or less identical
to what I wrote.  The difference is recommendations on how to
better trigger the limit, but I doubt such recommendations should
be in the documentation.

http://mdounin.ru/