How to cache image urls with query strings?

0liver nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Feb 24 12:33:19 UTC 2017

We've recently started delivering image urls with query strings for
cropping, like

http://images-camping.info/CampsiteImages/116914_Large.jpg?width=453&height=302&mode=crop

We've also successfully been using the NGINX cache for our images *before*
adding the query strings.

Unfortunately, with the query strings added, caching does not work anymore
and all requests to above URL are passed to the upstream server. You can see
this by inspecting the HTTP response headers for above url: X-Cache-Status
is always MISS.

Can anybody point to me to the necessary pieces of information to get
caching for resources with query strings to work?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,272608,272608#msg-272608