Enable streaming proxy responses and nginx proxy caching at the same time?

archon810 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jan 5 09:52:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm using nginx for microcaching in front of apache, which really helps
during busy days. But I've also really wanted to have responses from apache
streamed. The only way to do that that I figured out so far is
proxy_buffering off, but that disables any proxy caching.

Is it possible to achieve this? I don't understand why nginx can't both
cache the response and stream it at the same time.

Thank you.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,271834,271834#msg-271834