How to log internal location evaluation

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Thu Jan 19 16:49:01 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am running nginx 1.10.2 on CentOS 6.

I am trying to configure a new (virtual) website and I am having
problems. I would like to be able to log details of the evaluation of
URIs in location blocks by nginx.

For example, I would like to see in a log:

  * which location block (actually which part of the configuration) was
    used to evaluate a URI
  * if an alias is used in a location block, what was the path that was
    calculated using the alias
  * in rewrite scenarios, how was a URI rewritten

The above info would help me understand where I am in error.

Can I get such info by using some config settings? Please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
Nick