FreeBSD Clean Install nginx.pid Permissions Errors

Viaduct Lists lists at viaduct-productions.com
Sat Jul 15 08:47:41 UTC 2017

The latter.  It makes little sense.  If it’s ignored then there’s no sense in having it.

Much like how the current `nginx -t` report makes little sense as well:

nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: [emerg] open() "/var/run/nginx.pid" failed (13: Permission denied)
nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

This basically says “config file is fine.  I can’t read the pid file, even though I’ve been given permission to.  the config file failed."

Rich in Toronto @ VP