Disable NGINX caching 304 Responses from Origin Server

Ryan Barclay ryan at rbftpnetworks.com
Wed Jul 26 07:29:12 UTC 2017

The following config seems to work for the situation I discussed:

proxy_cache_valid 200 3M;
proxy_cache_valid 304 0;
proxy_cache_revalidate on;
proxy_set_header If-Modified-Since $http_if_modified_since;
proxy_ignore_headers Cache-Control Expires;

... can anybody see any problems with this config or future problems
that may arise?