Is post_action deprecated?

wonderer nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Jun 14 21:52:09 UTC 2017

Hi All,

To start with, here's some context. From what i've read around, the
post_action directive is to be used with caution. I was able to find this
information following the link from this post:
https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,262008,262012#msg-262012

I also found documentation on the directive in this book: ISBN:
9781785280337. Although it's no where to be found in the official
documentation, the directive is supported and is working well for what I
need to do.

I need to use this directive to send some bandwidth information to my
backend after a file download.

1- I'm wondering, is this directive officially deprecated and if, so is
there something in the pipeline to replace it?
2- Looking at the nginx tracker (https://trac.nginx.org), I only found 1
issue (#1237) still opened that actually relate to post_action. Did I miss
something?
3- What alternative do I have to post_action if basically, all I want to do
is perform an additional action in the backend following a file download.

Cheers!

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,274880,274880#msg-274880