configuration nginx server block [virtual host] with Ipv6.

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Mar 9 22:35:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 03:10:13PM -0500, Vanhels wrote:

Hi there,

> Hi, I have installed nginx + php-fpm (php5.4 / php5.6), i'm trying to set
> everything up for ipv6 in Centos 7.3, install from official nginx repo:

What part fails for you?

Does nginx listen on the IPv6 port? Does the client connect to nginx? Does
the fastcgi server listen on the IPv6 port? Does nginx connect to the
fastcgi server?

You suggest that something is bad with

>     listen    [::]:80;
>          fastcgi_pass   [::]:9056;

but is good with

> Listen 80;
> fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9056;

One difference there is that your fastcgi_pass in IPv4 connects to an
address:port, while in IPv6 it does not.

I would guess that using [::1]:9056 might have a chance of helping.

But only if you can already fetch a file from nginx on IPv6 when fastcgi
is not involved.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org