Conflict between form-input-nginx-module and nginx-auth-request-module?

Yongtao You yongtao_you at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 05:13:38 UTC 2017

To answer my own question, even though I still don't see why it has anything to do with the auth-request module, but the reason requests are timing out is because form-input module called ngx_http_read_client_request_body(), which then set write_event_handler to ngx_http_request_empty_handler to block write events. This seems to block the event from being forwarded to the backend (via proxy_pass). I modified the ngx_http_read_client_request_body() implementation to not override the request's write_event_handler, and everything started working. No more timeouts.
I don't know enough to understand the ramification of my change, even though it seems to fixed my immediate problem. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.Yongtao