Tomcat EOFException when nginx is Reverse Proxy for WebSockets

Igal @ Lucee.org igal at lucee.org
Tue Mar 21 08:37:16 UTC 2017

Well, in both issues nginx closes the connection prematurely, so the
exception in Java is similar, but they are very different issues.

I suspect that this issue is specific to WebSocket proxying.

I am connecting locally both through nginx (on port 80) and directly to
Tomcat (on port 8080), and the Tomcat connection is stable, while the
nginx connection drops intermittently.

If there are any ideas on how to further troubleshoot this issue or to
provide more information, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>