unable to log upstream_bytes_sent

Igal @ Lucee.org igal at lucee.org
Mon May 1 20:50:20 UTC 2017

Chad,

On 5/1/2017 1:05 PM, Chad Hansen via nginx wrote:
> Bumping; does anyone have experience using upstream_bytes_sent or
> upstream_byes_received?
>

>     nginx: [emerg] unknown "upstream_bytes_sent" variable
>     nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
>
>     It's unclear to me if there's something wrong with my build, or if
>     I have to use a stream context, or some other issue.

I have never tried to use these variables before, but I plugged them
into my log_format directive now to test, and I can confirm that I get
the same error on the Windows standard build of nginx 1.11.12, so I
don't think that it's your specific build:

nginx: [emerg] unknown "upstream_bytes_sent" variable

Igal Sapir

Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>