How can I get nginx-rtmp-module stats for all workers?

Alexander Chekalin achekalin at tango.me
Wed May 10 15:33:26 UTC 2017

Hello,

I’ve set up nginx with nginx-rtmp-module as a NGINX-based Media Streaming Server, and it works fine, but now I try to get stats for this server.

General approach is to use

location /stat {  rtmp_stat all; }

which produce xml that can be parsed nicely, but my suspicions are that I got stats for one worker random worker on each poll (not accumulated stats for all workers). The host itself is 4-cores, so I have 4 workers running and I think I got confusing stats since each poll brings me stats for random worker.

Is there any way I can use to get cumulated stats for all workers on host?

Thank you in advance!

- Alexander