behavior of cache manager in version 1.10.3

Michael Corn nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue May 16 04:45:50 UTC 2017

Thanks.

One more question relating to cache cleaning. If I use version 1.11.5 or
greater, and
I set manager_sleep to a small number, say 50ms,  And I set
use_temp_path=off.
Now, I start receiving a large file from the upstream, let's say it will
take 10 seconds to receive it.
Will the cache_manager see the cache exceeding its max_size before the
entire new file has been received and start
cleaning up older entries from the cache in parallel to the new file being
received?
Or will it not take the size of this new file into account until it has been
completely received?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,274215,274255#msg-274255