How to restrict acces to specific friendly URL by IP in Wordpress site?

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Fri May 19 23:41:08 UTC 2017

Am Fri, 19 May 2017 03:24:43 -0400
schrieb "ohmykot" <nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org>:

> Hi!
> I've got a server with nginx and a wordpress website running on it.

what's the output of nginx -V?

> On the web-site, I have a wordpress page, i.e.
> domain.com/secret-page/, that I want to restrict access to everybody
> but 1 specific IP address of my other server.
>
> As this page is not a real physical directory, but just a friendly
> URL - I got stuck. I don't have previous experience configuring
> nginx, but I tried hard to google the possible solution.
>
> What I tried so far in my website config:
> [code]
> location ~* ^/secret-page/ {
> allow 1.1.1.1;
> deny all;
> }
> [/code]

Where is this code in the nginx conf?

What's in the error log?

Can you try to run the debug log?
http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html
An then would be the error log output interesting.

In some distributions is it necessary to run nginx-debug instead of
nginx.

Regards
Aleks