WordPress pingback mitigation

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Sun May 21 09:57:59 UTC 2017

‎I suppose I'm stating the obvious, but if you are going to implement blocking schemes with either simple map matches or a full blown WAP like Naxsi, you will need a test suite. For a very simple website, you can just crawl it with wget and see what you broke. But if you have forms, databases, etc. you probably will have to resort to Selenium. And that just checks if you broke something, not if you stopped some exploit.

There are enough Web testing companies that you can get an occasional demo. I used tinfoilsecurity.com and it found one mistake. Besides dotdotpwn, I don't know of any free exploit testers. Maybe the list can suggest a few.