streaming video to mobile phones

Anthony Griffiths neuronetv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:29:04 UTC 2017

I'm running nginx-1.12.2 on a centos 6 server and I've had success
with it streaming live video to a mobile phone. I followed the
instructions here:
https://www.vultr.com/docs/setup-nginx-on-ubuntu-to-stream-live-hls-video
this page uses mpegurl m3u8 as the streaming protocol. My question is
are there any other protocols that work with mobile phones? And how
would I specify that in nginx.conf? I've tried webm to ffserver but
only got video on a computer. Thanks for any advice.
ps: I've left the live stream running and I'd appreciate feedback on
whether your phone can play the video (or not) at:
http://198.91.92.112/hls.html. Please let me know if it plays for you
or not and what kind of phone you have. Thanks again.