Nginx cache returns MISS after a few hours, can't be set up to cache "forever"

Peter Booth peter_booth at me.com
Tue Nov 28 12:42:37 UTC 2017

Can you count the number of files that are in your cache and whether or not it's changing with time?
Then compare with the number of unique cache keys (from your web server log)

When the server starts returning a MISS - does it only do this for newer objects that haven’t been requested before?
Does it happen for any objects that had previously been returned as a HIT?