Cookie renaming per server

jlange nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Oct 25 17:07:46 UTC 2017

I am looking for a way to rename a cookie in a Set-Cookie header on a
per-server basis.

Each server that I'm proxying generates a "Set-Cookie: sessionid=xxxxxx"
header. I would like to create some sort of rule that would rename that
cookie "sessionid_xyz=xxxxxx" when sending to the client, then rename it
back to session_id when sending back to the proxy_pass location

Is this possible given the standard set of plugins? or will I have to write
a completely new plugin to pull this off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,277061,277061#msg-277061